Saturday, October 03, 2009

Eighth Grade

Crazy guy in art gallery: "In life, it's not all about EDUCATION. You need, need, to learn important survival skills. If you're at a party... and there's alcohol... know what I'm sayin'? Get a glass of water between every 2, 3 drinks."

13 year old boy: "Ok."

Crazy guy in art gallery: "What grade are you in?"

13 year old boy: "Eighth..."

Crazy guy in art gallery: "Ooh. Eighth grade. That's a tough one. I got 4 of my teeth knocked out. I got my arm broken. All in eighth grade. See this? *Shows hand* A kid, stabbed me. Eighth grade."

13 year old boy: "Wow... So, what do you do?"

Crazy guy in art gallery: "If I told you... you see, the last person I told. My doctor. He DIED. He died of a heart attack."




(Overheard by IWH at a Portland art gallery during artwalk)

No comments: